Confessions

I have a confession to make.
I wanted to be black...
(i'm white)
I tried to be something i'm not.

Like a high school girl caking on make-up
trying to look beautiful
even though she already is
she just doesn't know how to look in the mirror.

I didn't realize it
but it hurts to try to be someone else.
crushes my soul
like a grape.

let's make a deal.
I'll be me
if you'll be you

I thought perhaps i could pull off being black.
transform all this pasty whiteness into chocolate
like Marshall Mathers 
ya know, with the nicknames
rabbit
slim shady
m&m
but unlike me Eminem is black

Stop looking at skin color, racist!

Look past that.

Look at the person.

Into their Face.

Into their eyes.

Into their heart.

Into their soul.

on that level we're all the same
we're equal

1 comment:

  1. "let's make a deal I'll be me, if you'll be you." Best quote. Love it Zach.

    ReplyDelete